The first step in any process at TDDS Technical Institute is to Apply for admissions – The Admissions Application process must be complete in order to receive a Financial Aid Package. The Application is needed to approve prospective students into the program of their choice.
The following Federal and State Funded Programs are available to assist financially needy and qualified students. Your Admissions Representative will assist in completing any necessary forms:
Federal Student Loan Programs
Pell Grant Program
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA/TRA)
TDDS E-Loan (In-House Loan)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID (WHICH INCLUDES DIRECT LENDING SUBSIDIZED LOANS, DIRECT LENDING UNSUBSIDIZED LOANS, PARENT PLUS LOANS AND FEDERAL PELL GRANTS) COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA IS THE FIRST STEP TO RECEIVING ANY FINANCIAL AID.
1. Create an FSA ID – The FSA ID allows the student to electronically sign the FAFSA.
2. Complete the FAFSA – TDDS School Code is 016961 (Please note to answer “YES” to the IRS Data Retrieval tool. If you are unable to use the Data Retrieval tool you will have to check with the school to see if a Tax Transcript will be necessary.
3. Verification – If a student is selected for the federal student aid process of verification TDDS will request copies of federal tax return transcripts and additional documents needed to complete the verification process.
4. A Financial Aid Award Offer will be issued when the FAFSA process is complete.
5. Create and sign a Promissory Note – Complete the Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN). You will use your FSA ID to log in.
6. For more details see the TDDS step-by-step guide below to apply for financial aid and/or watch the Department of Education’s How to Fill Out the FAFSA.
Step- By- Step Guide to Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for FSA ID
The FSA ID is a username and password. The FSA ID being used to access personal financial aid information online and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. Your FSA ID confirms your identify when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
- If you do not already have an FSA ID, please go to fsaid.ed.gov to create one
- Click the link to create and FSA ID
- Create a username and password and enter your email address
- Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information and challenge questions and answers
- Review your information for accuracy and read and accept the terms and conditions
- Confirm your email address using the secure code, which will be sent to your email address. After you verify your email you can use it instead of your username to log in if you wish.
Start a New FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
To apply for Federal Student Financial Aid students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a federal form and a requirement at TDDS for all students who wish to be considered for need based financial aid, including the Federal PLUS loan. The information you provide on your FAFSA determines if you are eligible for financial aid. The following items will help you complete the FAFSA.
- TDDS School Code – 016961
- Complete FAFSA for award year 17/18
- Income Tax return or estimated income for 2015
- W-2 forms and other records of money earned for 2015
- Records of untaxed income for 2015
Use your FSA USER ID to log in and complete your FAFSA . Do not forget to put the TDDS School Code (016961) on it. If you are having a hard time completing the FAFSA you can call 1-800-433-3243 ( Federal Student Aid) and they will assist you through the process.
Make sure you accurately put in the information regarding your Income and Household Size. You will need to document all the income that was received in 2015 from the members in your household at the current time. For example if you got married in 2016 or 2017, you will need to document both your income and your spouse’s income even if you were not married in 2015.
After completing the FAFSA, there may be times when additional supporting documentation regarding tax information is required. The school will let you know if this is the case. If you do need to provide copies of your 1040 or W2’s the Financial Aid Department at TDDS will contact you.